Who Can Take a Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy™, Skin Micro Needling Class?

FAQ for Skin Needling, Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy (CRT)™, Scar Relaxation™ and  Melanocyte Restoration™ classes.


Q. Will I work under my cosmetology, aesthetics, nail technician or other state beauty license for Skin Needling™ / Micro Needling, Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy™, Melanocyte Restoration™ and Scar Relaxation™?

In most states NO!

In most states you will NOT be performing  these  procedures under any  state beauty /aesthetic/ nail license you currently hold.

Again, in most states, your current beauty license has absolutely NOTHING to do with these procedures.

Think of this –

You have an aesthetics license and you have a  drivers license.

One has nothing to do with the other. These licenses are both issued by the state you live in.

As of now, most states do not even recognize these procedures. We are making them aware of this through our school protocol polices and procedures.


Q. Who should take these classes?

A. The perfect people to take these classes are  someone that already has a working knowledge of the skin’s anatomy, histology and physiology.

An aestitician, any one in the beauty industry, massage therapists,  acupuncturists, all level of nurses, dental, medical, physicians and other related industry professionals are a natural choice.


Q. What makes  IIPC / SCPME  CRT™  classes  different from all of the other CRT™  classes?

A. First of all, the CRT™ training most professionals receive do not address the individual wrinkles.

1. Students  at schools are instructed with 9-15 round needle groupings and as we all know, wrinkles are not circular they are linear.

2. Many companies address the face as a whole skipping over the most important application of plumping up the linear indentations prior to plumping up the entire facial collagen region making the wrinkles still noticeable and in many cases worse than before the initial application of CRT™.

3. Our protocol for CRT™ follows the fact that we educate our students on  the Primary Application and the rollers, pens and other devices are only considered  the Secondary Application.

4. In most states, technicians are licensed by the  Environmental Board of Health. Technicians may only work in a facility that is licensed by the Health Department or other State Regulatory Board. Always check your local city, county and state permanent makeup laws prior to class registration.

5. No one should ever lie to the Board of Health about their education for any reason.

6.The California Environmental Health Board does not require any certain numbers of hours for any permanent makeup license.

7. In states not governing Permanent Cosmetic Makeup, Permanent Makeup Educational hours are usually  up to the  individual schools as long as certain guidelines are met in accordance with the insurance companies and Professional Permanent Makeup Organizations such as the League of Permanent Cosmetic Providers ( LPCP).  IIPC works in concert with insurance companies to insure your core knowledge for you to be covered under that specific insurance carrier.

8. IIPC / SCPME has always has the highest standards in the permanent makeup industry. Other people set the standards while IIPC raises them to a higher level!


A. How is your protocol different from other schools?

Q.  When the treatment is completed, the technician will apply an ‘Illuminator’ which is a insoluble opaque pigment that is applied to the treated area post procedure. This constitutes a ‘Permanent Makeup Procedure’.


Q. Why should these procedures be licensed under Permanent Makeup?

A. The best information is in the following article



Q. Who regulates Permanent Cosmetic Makeup?

A. In most states, the Environmental Board of Health Regulates Permanent Cosmetics. We have written and produced protocols since2013 to promote these procedures under the technician’s permanent makeup license which is issued by the board of health.

Colorado requires that you must be a licensed aestitician to perform permanent cosmetic procedures.

Please check with your state, county, local and city regulations for any new law changes prior to taking our classes.

Q. Why are there so many different names for the same procedure?

Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy (CRT) also known as Micro Needling, Collagen Induction, Meta Therapy, Dermal Needling, Dry Needling, Skin Needling and many other names is the same procedure just using different names that are tied to a certain product or machine company.

Q. How long are your classes?

A. We certify the students in Collagen Rejuvenation Therapy, Scar Relaxation and Melanocyte Relaxation for 18+ hours as our students already are in the beauty or medical industry and should have a thorough knowledge and understanding of the histology, anatomy and physiology of the skin.

Q. Is there anything I must do prior to taking a class with your school?

A. Yes. You must take an industry specific Blood Borne Pathogen Class that is approved by your local city, county  and state laws.

All Health Department laws (or other governing board) must be followed to perform the procedures, such as taking a yearly  industry specific Blood Borne Pathogen Course, using ‘California Complainant’ Client Forms for each client, single sterile one time use of needles and machine parts, and all other pertinent supplies and equipment along with the wearing of all proper PPE’s which are required by law.

All needles are disposed of in a sharps container.

All Health Department, OSHA and CDC laws must be followed explicitly. We have been told that our client consent forms are above industry standards and are the most complete forms used by any school/individual.

 What Credentials Will I Have?

Your will be certified as a ‘Certified Collagen Rejuvenation Therapist™   (CCRT™)’ Permanent Makeup Application.

Who Regulates CRT, Scar Relaxation & Melanocyte Restoration Procedures?

In most states, these procedures are regulated by the ‘Environmental   Board of Health’ under permanent makeup/tattooing.